THA is the leading San Diego HVAC company. Call us for all your residential and commercial needs for your heating and cooling systems. We have been providing quality air conditioning repair services to our customers for over 30 years.
You Expect Good Service, You Deserve Superior Service.
Air conditioner -
- Make sure to change out your air conditioner filters routinely. Every month or two during the cool seasons is the best option. Doing this one routine will ensure the most energy-efficient use of your air conditioner.
- Make sure to clean out your air conditioner coils. Dirty coils reduce air flow and make it difficult to absorb heat, which in turn makes it harder to cool your house down.
- Coil fins are another component that can block airflow. This happens when the coil fins bend, which they do easily. You can easily buy a brush that will brush back the coil fins till they are close to original condition.
- When preparing for winter, you should plan on storing your air conditioner or covering it to preserve it during those harsh winter months. (Unless, of course, you live in beautiful San Diego, where this step is not necessary.
- Change your air filter regularly. At least once every 3 months should be good. If you don't change out your air filter regularly, it will block air flow making it difficult for your HVAC system to work efficiently.
- Another big and easy tip is to seal all your heating and cooling ducts. Ducts are where the air is moved to and from the system to your home. It is also one of the biggest energy wasters when not sealed properly. Sealing the ducts can improve the efficiency of your heating system by up to 20%.
- Finally, if your heating system is more than 10 years old, you may want to consider using Energy Star systems. This will ensure the most efficient use of your heating systems.